Eli helped me print out one of my images. After it was printed, I realize that the test print (which was a cropped version of the image) was more interesting than the full image. So I have been cropping images and adding a detritus layer. The third photo is has a layer of litter that I scanned.
I am working out the best way to project onto the ceramic pieces. I am not sure if I want the image to extend beyond the piece itself or to only be projected onto the ceramic pieces.
I photoshopped the first photo to block out the background. It would not be this dark in the gallery. But, I have discovered a way to edit the photo in photoshop so that it only projects onto the work. But, I am leaning towards the image showing on the wall behind. It gives an added aesthetic affect to the piece.
Three of us had an appointment to try the gallery lighting with Erika on December 3. Two of us had to quarantine because they had been exposed to someone with covid. So we now have to wait until after the painters are finished. Erika said it should be in the next week or two.
I have been combining images. I experimented with placing multiples on the scanner bed. But, ultimately decided that the ephemeral effect from scanning separately is what I want.
This one is a bit more dynamic. The more objects that I have scanned the more diverse my palette becomes.
I ended up cropping this and making it more transparent. I want it to look as though it is disappearing. Also, I keep thinking of the funerary aspect of "the transience of life" in the Vanitas paintings.
This is a side by side with one of the larger pieces that I made 2 semesters ago.
The scans have definitely grown out of that body of work.
I'm still working on glazing these.
I decided to cut this into two parts. It's similar to the separate seeds and the "painting" in the background being in pieces. The other reason is kiln size.